The abscess is a collection of pus which is formed by superinfection of preexisting lesions or following a septic bite.
The first stage is marked by moderate pain and the appearance of a firm, hot, red swelling. In a day or two, the abscess matures, the pain becomes intense and throbbing, the swelling softens in its center and remains hot and red with sometimes the appearance of a white anointed in the middle. In the absence of treatment, the abscess opens spontaneously and often drains incompletely before reforming.
The prevention of abscesses will be done by correct hygiene at all times and the disinfection of any wound, however small it may be, with soap or antiseptic.
Once the abscess is developing, the use of alcoholic compresses at 70 ° causes it to mature more quickly and thereby shortens the duration of the infection.
The treatment of the abscess is best done when it is ripe, by incision in its center and evacuation of the pus and the shell of the abscess. If the latter is bulky, it will be drained.
The advisability of using antibiotics at the various stages of the abscess is to be appreciated by the doctor, knowing that when the pus has appeared, the antibiotic treatment will always be ineffective. The appearance of multiple and frequent abscesses should make people look for diabetes. The observation of an abscess in training must lead to the opinion of a doctor.
Bibliographie / Bibliography
And Wikipedia et crédit photo Author : Grook Da Oger
You lose your hair:
Consult your doctor as an illness may be the cause.
Your hair falls in a diffuse way and the fall is brutal:
- The fall occurs two to three months after childbirth, after surgery, high fever, emotional shock: do not worry your hair will grow back.
- You are taking certain medications, anticoagulants, cholesterol lowering drugs, appetite suppressants, anti-epileptics: when they stop, the fall will stop.
- Your hair is broken and falls by tuft after certain hair practices (perms, discoloration, decépage, smoothing ...): the fall will stop with the stop of the too aggressive hair care.
Your hair falls in a diffuse way and the fall is chronic:
- Too severe a diet, iron deficiency, thyroid dysfunction, aggressive hair care can be the cause. The correction of these disorders will promote hair regrowth.
- Even if there is no cause at the origin of the chronic and diffuse fall of your hair, do not wait too long to treat yourself: it is probably a hereditary seborric alopecia. While they are oily, the hair falls out periodically. Lulls and falls follow one another: the hair grows back finer and shorter, then does not grow again. Untreated, the development leads to baldness in men and a clearly bald appearance of the scalp in women. Seborric alopecia can start very young, from puberty. The use of mild shampoos is necessary. In women, hormone therapy may be tried.
Your hair is falling out in patches:
- You discover on your child's head one or more rounded plates without hair. These often appear after an emotional shock. It is a plate of alopecia more known under the name of "nerve plate".
- Plates covered with dandruff with broken hair at different heights evoke, on the contrary, a yeast infection caused by a dermatophyte fungus, often transmitted by a dog or a cat.
- A patch strewn with broken hair at different heights with a healthy scalp is caused by a nervous tingling of hair or trichotilomania.
Copyright photo : Par Abbassyma sur Wikipédia anglais — Transféré de en.wikipedia à Commons., Domaine public
Angiomas are vascular malformations, sometimes transient. There are several varieties. The most common are:
- Angiomas planes or "wine stain" are red spots present at birth. They do not regress spontaneously, except when they have a median location (nuqye, forehead, eyebrow interlacing). Located on a limb or on one side of the face, they require special monitoring. Only laser treatment seems effective, but it should not be done until the end of adolescence.
- Tuberous or "strawberry" angiomas appear in the days or weeks following birth; they double in volume in a few months, then stabilize and begin their involution. Their complete regression can be obtained in a few years, which is why abstaining from therapy seems to be the best attitude to adopt. But, when their location involves serious functional risks (eyelids, larynx, lips, around natural orifices), embolization sometimes followed by surgical treatment is necessary.
- Small angiomas, which look like red dots, can appear during pregnancy. They should not be treated because they disappear spontaneously in the weeks following childbirth.
- The stellar angiomas are small bright red points slightly raised from where, a tree of fine vessels in stars. They are treated by fine electrocoagulation of the central point, but recurrences are not uncommon.
- Render-wicker angiomatosis is a hereditary condition which manifests itself from childhood by bleeding from the nose or gums. At puberty, small angiomas appear on the hands, face, lips, tongue; but, since all the viscera can be affected, regular monitoring is necessary.
Copyright photo : By Muffin76 — Travail personnel, CC BY-SA 3.0,
You are between thirteen and twenty years old, lesions suggestive of acne have appeared on your face or on your back:
- small whitish pimples that lift the skin (closed comedo containing sebum);
- blackheads (open comedo: sebum laden with pigment appears on the surface of the skin);
- large painful black pimples;
- infected pustules.
Hopefully, this is a mild illness and your doctor, if he confirms the diagnosis, has several effective treatments. But above all, know that acne is a chronic disease that requires treatment for several months, first daily and then more and more often as soon as an improvement appears.
Save these tips now:
- Do not press the buttons, because a manipulated acne lesion heals more slowly than a non-traumatized lesion; moreover, the risk of residual scar is greater if the pimples are scratched.
- Do not accuse the food; the factors responsible for acne are above all an overproduction of sebum, secreted by sebaceous glands stimulated by hormones, and discomfort in its evacuation.
- Do not believe that the sun improves acne, it thickens the skin and prevents the appearance of blackheads, but retentional elements continue to accumulate as long as the sun exposure and, when the skin has returned to its normal thickness in the weeks that follow, all previously invisible lesions will erupt on the surface of the skin.
- sexual activity has no impact on acne, contrary to popular belief.
- some contraceptive pills can worsen acne, others have a beneficial effect.
It may be necessary to try several therapies before finding the most effective; follow your doctor's prescription. This one has:
- local treatments: cosmedolytic, bactericidal and anti-inflammatory (these products can irritate the skin and require spacing of applications at the start of treatment); use a mild soap for the toilet and, if necessary, apply a moisturizer if your skin tends to be dried out by the products;
- General treatments: low dose antibiotics have an anti-inflammatory action (acne is neither infectious nor contagious even if antibiotics are prescribed) .; aromatic retinoids inhibit the activity of the sebaceous glands and modify the coating of the skin (they are reserved for severe forms of acne rebellious to local treatments because they cause a number of side effects
Crédit photos Ellywa Domaine public Wikipedia
Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.